Seniors - Class of 2021
On this page you will find information specific to students in the Senior Class at Hoffman Estates High School.
May 18 - Senior Sunrise
May 20 - Senior Parade/Picnic
SENIOR PARADE & PICNIC
Picnic until 5pm
Wear your cap & gown, decorate your car, and join us on campus surrounded by your teachers and staff cheering you on to celebrate your accomplishment.
May 21 - Prom
I'll Be There For You
H•E•H•S P•R•O•M 2•0•2•1
Friday, May 21, 2021
Westin Chicago Northwest Hotel in Itasca
Tickets on sale April 19-April 30
May 23 - Graduation
Sunday, May 23, 2021
7:30 p.m. - NOW Arena
Graduation Ceremony Information
Hoffman Estates High School Graduation
NOW Arena at 5333 Prairie Stone Pkwy in Hoffman Estates
Sunday, May 23, 2021
Graduation is scheduled at the NOW Arena in Hoffman Estates for all District 211 schools. Our graduation ceremony will take place on Sunday, May 23 at 7:30 p.m.
As you know, the State of Illinois may change the mitigation guidelines between now and the graduation date. Should these guidelines change, District 211 and the NOW Arena will adjust the graduation ceremony based upon the current guidelines. Specific graduation details will be included in a separate communication closer to the date of the ceremony.
Graduation Ceremony Location
5333 Prairie Stone Pkwy
Hoffman Estates, IL
Cap & Gown, Graduation Tickets Information
CAP AND GOWN/GRADUATION TICKET DISTRIBUTION—Thursday, May 13, 2021
On-Site Students: Students that have been coming to school for classes this semester are considered “on-site”. You will be able to pick up your cap and gown in the dance room according to the first letter of yourlast name; please see the schedule below. You must have an ID.
Remote Learners: If you have been learning virtually this semester, you can pick up your gown anytime from 1:15pm-3:00pm on this day. Come in through door 10. You must have an ID and do the screener question.
Before you can pick up your cap and gown, the following must be completed:
- Cap and Gown fee must be paid. (check your My School Bucks account or call the cashier)
- You must have passed the Constitution test (talk to your Social Studies teacher with questions)
- Submitted the FAFSA online, or turned in the FAFSA Nonparticipation Form/Waiver to your counselor. (talk to your counselor if you have questions)
- If you took driver education privately, you must have turned in your certificate of completion. (talk to your counselor if you have questions)
CAP & GOWN DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE FOR ON-SITE STUDENTS (5/13/21)
Before School (7:00 - 7:30 a.m.): Open to all on-site seniors.
- 1st block passing (8:30am -8:45am) A B C D E F
- 2nd block passing (9:45am -10:00am) G H I J K L
- 3rd block passing (11:00am -11:15am) M N O P Q R
- 4th block passing (12:15pm -12:30pm) S T U V W X Y Z
After School (1:15 - 3:00 p.m.): Open to Remote and On-Site students.
After this date, see Ms. Nocula in the World Language office beginning Monday, May 17th from 1:15 – 2:45 p.m. Sign up using the Sign-Up Genius link that will be posted on the HEHS website after Thursday, May 13th. Take the screener questions. Go to door 2. Remember, graduation is Sunday, May 23rd!
- Have materials to drop off? (books, classroom materials). Bring them to cap and gown pick-up.
- You will also be able to pick up your “freshman letter to self”, speak to the teacher that will bereading your name at graduation, and complete your handprint if you weren’t able to back in January.
- Take your cap and gown home, try it on to make sure it fits, and place it on a hanger to release wrinkles. DO NOT PRESS THE GOWN WITH A HOT IRON. Report any problems immediately to Ms. Nocula (World Language) or Ms. Katovich (Science).
- If you have any questions, please see Ms. Nocula (email@example.com) in World Language or Ms. Katovich (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Science.