2021 AP TEST POLICIES AND REMINDERS
- Registration begins on Thursday, October 15, 2020 and ends on Sunday, November 1, 2020.
- All registrations will be made online at 2021 AP Registration
- You may still register for the waitlist after registration ends. They will be approved on a test by test basis and incur an additional fee of $40.
- For students taking an AP US Government and Politics exam and/or Physics C E&M, registration will reopen for only those students at the beginning of 2nd
- There are no Pre-Administration sessions in 2021.
- Full payment is due for tests by Thursday, November 12, 2020. Payments made after this deadline will incur an additional $40 late fee.
- Each AP exam is $95.00, $143 for AP Seminar and $143 for AP Research.
- Payment are made online to Total Registration with a debit or credit card or with a check, cashier’s check, or money order mailed to Total Registration, LLC. No payments are processed at Conant High School.
- NEW FOR 2021: Students who cancel an exam after Friday, November 13, 2020 will receive a refund for the exam
- All cancellations must be submitted through the Total Registration website.
Late AP Exam policies:
- All students who participate in late testing must take these alternate exams on the scheduled late-testing dates at the scheduled times. Early testing is not permitted under any circumstances.
What students must leave at home:
- Electronic equipment: (cell phone, smart phone, laptop, tablet computer, etc.), portable listening or recording devices (MP3 player, iPod, etc.), cameras or other photographic equipment, devices that can access the Internet, and any other electronic or communication devices
- Unapproved aids: Books, compasses, protractors, mechanical pencils, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters*, notes or colored pencils*
- Rulers, straightedges and protractors (except students taking the AP Physics Exams)
- Scratch paper;notes can be made on portions of the exam booklets or, for Chinese Language and Culture and Japanese Language and Culture, on scratch paper provided by the proctor
- Watches that beep or have an alarm, or smartwatches.
- Computers* (except as noted for students with disabilities) or calculators (except students taking the AP Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exams).
- Reference guides, keyboard maps or other typing instructions
- Clothing with subject-related information
- Food or drink*
* Unless this has been pre-approved as an accommodation by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities office prior to the exam date.
What students must bring to test: Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to test start.
- Several sharpened 2 pencils (with erasers) for all responses on your multiple-choice answer sheet. No mechanical pencils.
- Pens with black or dark-blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams
- School ID
- Up to two approved calculators with the necessary capabilities if they are taking an AP Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Physics, or Statistics Exam. .
- A ruler or straightedgeonly if they are taking an AP Physics Exam (Protractors are not allowed.)
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING 2021 AP EXAM TIMING
Students are cleared periods 1st – 4th. If a test runs late, then students are cleared for 5th period as well. Any student with lunch 3rd or 4th period will be given permission to have lunch after the exam, most likely, 5th period.
Students should eat lunch at 11:00am, 4th period. Students will be cleared 4th-8th periods. Any student with a 3rd period lunch must attend their scheduled lunch and their 4th period class.
PHYSICS C: Electricity and Magnetism ONLY:
Students should eat lunch during 5th period if they have a 6th period lunch. Report time is 1:30pm. Students are cleared 5th - 8th periods.
Please note that students who do NOT have off-campus privileges during these hours ARE NOT allowed to go off-campus.
Be Ready to Get Your 2021 Scores—Scores will NOT be mailed to you!
Scores are mailed to the address associated with your College Board account, in early July.