Class of 2021 Parents and Students:
As we begin to look forward to celebrating the Class of 2021 over the course of the school year, this is the time of the year that we begin planning for these events. Please review the following information as there are some upcoming events and deadlines for our senior class:
Click the "+" to get more information.
SHS Graduation 2021 - Live Streaming
Schaumburg High School Graduation Program
SHS Graduation Information - Monday May 24th 7:00 pm
We are excitedly awaiting the celebration of the Schaumburg High School Class of 2021 on Monday, May 24 at 7:00 p.m. at the NOW Arena.
Below are some additional details regarding logistics for this day. For more detailed information, including ADA supports, please visit the graduation website here to access the Frequently Asked Questions and NOW Arena Policies or the SHS website here.
The Schaumburg High School Commencement will be available as a live stream by using this link https://il49000007.schoolwires.net/Page/8210. Feel free to share this with family and friends.
Do not lose your tickets as tickets cannot be reprinted.
Six (6) tickets have been provided to each graduate and a limit of two (2) vehicles are allowed into the NOW Arena parking lot. Graduates randomly selected their tickets and confirmed that they are in receipt before leaving the building. Please note, tickets are grouped in sets of 6 for families based on current mitigations - please read below as this is important.
- Each graduate receives 6 tickets. They must be used only for the graduate's family and should not be shared with other families.
- Pods are set up in the arena for 6 people to sit together. Sharing with other parties could lead to seating issues within the sections and does not follow social distance rules as only members of the same family are allowed to sit within the 6 - seat pod.
- Additionally, if individuals split their pods, then two pods are being taken up in a section that should only be using one. This will displace another family with tickets in the section because the tickets have not been used properly.
Guests will be directed by parking staff to the designated parking lot. Only two (2) vehicles per graduate will be allowed. Click here for a map of the NOW Arena parking.
ARRIVAL OF GRADUATE
6:00 p.m. - Door 11
- Enter the NOW Arena at Door 11
- Arrive dressed in business casual, with their cap, gown, tassel (right side) and mask already on - no flip flops.
- Bags, purses, flowers, balloons, cell phones, etc..are not allowed and students will not be admitted with these items, no exceptions.
- Graduates must wear their mask and keep it on for the entire ceremony.
- Graduates will walk through metal detectors and have their gown unzipped to expedite the screening process.
- Graduates will be directed to the main floor and report directly to their assigned seat.
- All graduates' names will be read as some may be viewing remotely. Please wait to hear your name before walking forward on the stage.
ENTRANCE FOR GUESTS
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. - Main Entrance
- Guests will enter at the Main Entrance of the NOW Arena
- Please be mindful of social distancing guidelines as you approach the entrance.
- All guests must have your mask on and ticket(s) ready as you approach the door.
- Please note: NOW Arena has implemented a Clear Bag Policy, which is detailed at nowarena.com. This limits the size of bags entering the Arena and requires the majority of bags to be clear to streamline the security screening. Exceptions made for medical, family or child care bags or small clutches, no larger than 4.5’” x 6.5”.
OUTDOOR VIEWING AREA
There will be an outdoor viewing area broadcasting a live feed of the ceremony in the closed portion of Hoffman Blvd directly in front of the NOW Arena. Guests without tickets will be welcome to view the ceremony from this area, which includes multiple video screens and live audio. Guests are welcome to bring folding chairs, but pop-up tents and tailgating are not permitted. Folding chairs must be removed from the street at the conclusion of the ceremony as graduates will use this area to meet their guests.
In addition, the Schaumburg HIgh School Commencement will be available as a live stream by using this link https://il49000007.schoolwires.net/Page/8210.
AFTER THE CEREMONY
- Graduates will recess out the Northwest Exit of the NOW Arena.
- Parents and families will meet the graduate outside.
If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact our Senior Class Club sponsors, Lisa Becker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Danielle Casamassimo (email@example.com) or Elizabeth Bogner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SHS Graduation Day - VIP Photography
Visual Image Photography (VIP) will be taking photos at Schaumburg High School’s Graduation Commencement. Please visit www.vipis.com about a week after Graduation Day.
- Enter your school name and click on “Graduation Portraits” to search for, view, and order your graduate’s photos.
Please contact VIP with any questions at email@example.com
SHS - Senior Videos
Congratulations Class of 2021!
Class of 2021 Video:
Staff Senior Send-Off Video
Cap and Gown Pick-Up May 13 to May 18
CAP AND GOWN PICK-UP- BEGINNING THURSDAY, MAY 13
(if you did not submit your Cap & Gown sizes to Jostens, we will have extras available)
Each Senior will receive their graduation package, which includes
- Cap, Gown, Tassel & Masks
- Graduation Tickets
- Graduation Day Information Flyer
If applicable, information about outstanding non-academic requirements
(for example - FAFSA completion, Driver Education, Constitution)
- Senior Send-Off Parade & Fireworks Flyer
- Senior T-Shirts provided by SHS VIP Booster Club
- SHS VIP Booster May 21, 2021 - “Restaurant Deals” Flyer & Coupons
All students will sign to acknowledge they have received their graduation information, including their tickets.
On-Site Students Distribution
Thursday, May 13 (B Day) and Friday, May 14 (A Day)
- Distributed during students’ English classes.
- If you are not in attendance on these days, please follow the off-site schedule below.
Off-Site Students Pick-Up
Enter at Door 1
Thursday, May 13 and Friday, May 14 12:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Monday, May 17 and Tuesday, May 18 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
An invoice has been generated at the beginning of the school year for all senior students and is available for payment online through your MySchool Bucks account.
If you have questions regarding the cap and gown invoice, please contact the SHS Cashier at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 847 755-4600.
Senior Yearbook Pictures
We had two picture day opportunities this year, one in November 2020 and the other in March 2021 for Seniors. In addition, Seniors had the opportunity to have their portraits taken through VIP in Wheeling.
Senior Yard Signs & Pavers
Sales for Senior Yard Signs have officially ended on MY SCHOOLBUCKS.
There will be a limited amount of extras and they will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis at pick-up dates on May 10th and 12th from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at SHS Main Entrance. Parents need to bring a check for $15 made payable to SHS VIP Booster Club or cash for payment.
Please contact Robi Vollkommer at email@example.com for more information