Welcome to Palatine High School
We at Palatine High School work hard at being the best high school we can be. Subsequently, we are the proud recipients of several important and prestigious awards. These awards are not only the result of school wide, but community wide teamwork, and would not have been possible without the commitment – often times above and beyond the call of duty – of teachers, students, faculty, administrators, support staff, board members and parents.
Palatine High School was founded in 1875, with the first graduating class in 1877. Palatine High School is one of the four oldest suburban high schools in the Chicago area and the first established northwest of Chicago.
In 1914, the high school began operating as part of the Palatine High School District 211.
With enrollment rising, Palatine High Schol District 211 opened a new building in 1928 to a student body of 125 students. It served the entire Palatine Township as a public high school, and also admitted paying students from neighboring Schaumburg Township.
By 1950, the student enrollement had more than doubled and with the projected growth from the post-war baby boom, an addition was made to the school to accomodate 700 students.
As enrollements continued to increase, a second high school was added in Palatine. From 1961 to 1964 Palatine High School and Fremd High School operated as a 2-2 system, where juniors and seniors would attend Palatine High School; freshmen and sophomores would attend Fremd High School. Eventually, with the addition of other schools in the growing Township High School District 211, Palatine would return to being a four-year high school institution.
The current three-story facility where Palatine High School is now located, was completed in 1977. Since then, the school has been updated to meet the demands of the student enrollment and the Palatine High School community. In 1997, a second gymnasium was added to the high school. In 2003, a 46,500 sq. ft. Math and World Language wing was built, which included 24 new classrooms and activity areas. In the summer of 2009, artificial turf was installed at the school's Chic Anderson Stadium. Subsequent improvements to the high school include renovations to the student cafeteria (2013), the media center (2016), pool renovation (2017).
To continue our tradition of excellence, our mission is to inspire all students to become lifelong learners who will successfully participate in our changing world.
Academic Rigor – Our District values engaging curriculum built upon high-quality educational experiences to develop critical thinking.
Accountability – Our District values the charge of providing thorough and accurate information with all shared stakeholders.
Communication – Our District values an open exchange of information and perspectives.
Compassion, Dignity and Respect – Our District values and honors the strengths and diversity of all individuals.
Education and Learning – Our District values the continuous pursuit of knowledge, preparation and readiness to pursue future endeavors.
Efficiency – Our District values systemic measures and practices to optimize the community’s resources throughout the organization.
Financial Integrity – Our District values strong fiscal management and reporting practices to ensure the highest degree of financial stewardship.
Innovation – Our District values continuous improvement to advance educational and operational practices.
Opportunity – Our District values fostering a comprehensive array of enrichment experiences to support all aspects of student development.
Safety – Our District values safeguarding the welfare of all by providing a positive and respectful environment. Wellness – Our District values cultivating the healthy physical, social and emotional well-being of all.