About Google Apps for Education:
- Google Apps for Education allows schools to give Google’s communication and collaboration applications to their entire education community for free. All services are hosted by Google and are available to users via any Internet-connected computer or mobile device. Google Apps for Education includes, but is not limited to, the following services:
- Google Docs – allows users to create and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms and drawings in real-time as well as upload and share any file type
- Google Sites – gives users the ability to develop and customize rich websites and embed Google Docs, Google Calendars, videos and other media — all without requiring any technical expertise
Student Login Instructions:
- Login name: Students will use their District 211 email address as their username to log into Google Apps for Education.
- Password: their 9-digit student ID#
- Link for login: http://d211.st
Will there be advertisements with Google Apps?
- There are no advertisements used with Google Apps for Education. It is completely ad-free – which means our school’s content is not processed by Google’s advertising systems.
How secure is Google Apps?
Click here to access Google Apps for Education Privacy and Security webpage.
- “Google Apps is designed to provide educational institutions with a safe, reliable platform…offering better security and reliability than most schools could achieve on their own.”
- It’s your content, not ours. Your Apps content belongs to your school, or individual users at your school. Not Google.
- We don’t look at your content. Google employees will only access content that you store on Apps when an administrator from your domain grants Google employees explicit permission to do so for troubleshooting.
- We don’t share your content. Google does not share personal information with advertisers or other 3rd parties without your consent.
- We sometimes scan content. And for very good reasons, like spam filtering, anti-virus protection, or malware detection. Our systems scan content to make Apps work better for users, enabling unique functionality like powerful search in Gmail and Google Docs. This is completely automated and involves no humans.
- More Security FAQs found here
Google Apps for Education Resources:
For more information please contact Scott Weidig, District 211 Technology Chair