Township High School District 211 was well-represented among recipients in the Illinois State Board of Education’s 2016 Those Who Excel education awards program. The State Board annually sponsors the Those Who Excel awards to honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the state’s public and non-public schools.
High School District 211 Those Who Excel award candidates include (listed alphabetically):
• James B. Conant High School Building & Grounds Manager Keith Bundgard (administrator category)
• Palatine High School Applied Technology Department Chair Mark Hibner (classroom teacher category)
• Partners for our Communities Executive Director Kathy Millin (community volunteer category)
• William Fremd High School English Teacher Christie O’Donnell (early career educator category)
• Hoffman Estates High School Assistant Principal’s Secretary Jennifer Smith (educational service personnel category)
• Schaumburg High School Technology Coordinator Scott Weidig (student support personnel category)
• GEMS (Girls in Engineering, Math & Science) (team category) – Team members (listed alphabetically): Conant High School Applied Technology Teacher Shayna Adelman, Schaumburg High School Science Teacher Sue Bober, Fremd High School Science Teacher Bernadette Fusco, Hoffman Estates High School Science Teacher Tanya Katovich, Fremd High School Science Teacher Lauren Kost-Smith, Conant High School Career Advisor Christina Marasigan, Conant High School Science Department Chair Sharon McCoy, Volunteer Mary Memhardt, Palatine High School Science Teacher Nicole O’Keefe, Schaumburg High School Science Teacher Lauren Reynolds, Hoffman Estates High School Science Teacher Jennifer Siciliano, Associate Superintendent for Instruction Lisa Small, Hoffman Estates High School Assistant Principal Courtney Symonds, Hoffman Estates High School Mathematics Department Chair Mary Thomas, and Conant High School Science Teacher Tracy Thornley
Those Who Excel award recipients were honored by the Illinois State Board of Education at the Those Who Excel awards banquet on Saturday, October 22 in Normal, Ill. The High School District 211 Board of Education recognized its Those Who Excel award recipients at the November 10 Board meeting.
Note: For additional information on the Those Who Excel Awards, please contact the Illinois State Board of Education’s Communications and External Relations Office at (217) 782-4648.