The Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) provides public access to government documents and records. As a public institution, the Township High School District 211 is subject to the Illinois FOIA. FOIA requests should be made in writing to the District’s FOIA Officer, Chief Operating Officer Lauren Hummel.
The following procedures must be followed when requesting access to District public records under the provisions of the Illinois FOIA.
1. Inspection of District records not excluded from the FOIA will be permitted between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, on days the District office is open to the public.
2. Inspection of records is to be made in the designated area, and District records are not to be removed from the District office.
3. Requests to inspect District records must be submitted in writing to Lauren Hummel, Chief Operating Officer. The District will comply to requests received within five working days, except in extenuating circumstances.
4. Inspection will not be allowed when records are in immediate use by persons exercising official duties which require use of records.
5. Requests must specify District records with reasonable particularity to avoid inefficient use of staff time in retrieving and preparing records for inspection.
6. The Superintendent or designee may be present during inspection of District records.
7. Copies of requested records will be provided by District employees within the limitations of District copying equipment.
8. No fees will be charged for the first 50 pages of black and white, letter or legal sized copies requested by a requester. The fees charged for copying District records above and beyond 50 pages shall be 15¢ per copy. Certification of public records will not exceed $1.
FOIA REQUEST FORMS
FOIA Request Form – print: This form can be completed online, then printed and submitted.
District 211 FOIA Officer
Chief Operating Officer
1750 S. Roselle Road, Palatine, IL 60067-7336
Email: Lauren Hummel