The link below contains a listing of scholarships available to Palatine High School. Here are some general guidelines about scholarships:
1. You should never pay for a scholarship application!
2. Fill out scholarship applications well in advance of the deadline. Some give priority to the order of receipt.
3. If the scholarship requires a transcript to be sent see the registrar at least 3 days prior to the due date.
4. Financial need is considered for many, but not all, scholarships.
5. Apply for several scholarships because there are no guarantees you will receive one particular scholarship.
6. This list does not include scholarships offered by colleges/universities. Contact each college/university directly or refer to their website for additional scholarship information.
***Scholarships are listed in order of deadline date.
***Check back often as the list is updated frequently.
2019 Local Scholarship Application - includes a scholarship from the Kiwanis Club, Lions Club and 2 scholarships from the Lutheran Community Foundation.
2019 Harper College Hispanic Heritage Scholarship - specifically for DREAMers students who are ineligible to file the FAFSA.
***Computer - download and you can type right into the application
***iPad - open document & open in notability to complete
**DUE DATE = Application & deadline date TBD
Micro Scholarship Site
Raise.me is a site that is a couple of years old. Any high school student in 9, 10, 11 or 12th grade, in the US, can automatically earn scholarship money from colleges for individual, bite-sized, achievements all throughout high school. For example you can earn scholarships for each final grade of an A or B in a class, participating in an after-school activity or club, or spending a few hours volunteering in your community. While the goals on Raise.me are bite-size, the scholarships can be much larger.
Other Scholarship Sites:
College Greenlight - scholarships for 1st generation & underrepresented students
Resources for Undocumented Students: