District 211 Those Who Excel Award Winners
High School District 211 represented among I.S.B.E. 2020 Those Who Excel award-recipients
High School District 211 was well-represented among recipients in the Illinois State Board of Education’s 2020 Those Who Excel education awards program. In addition to recipients in the state’s award categories, Hoffman Estates High School Special Education Teacher Katie McGarvey was named the 2021 Illinois Special Education Teacher of the Year, the inaugural year for this award. The State Board annually sponsors the Those Who Excel awards to honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the state’s public and non-public schools.
High School District 211 Those Who Excel award recipients include (listed alphabetically):
- District 211 North Campus Alternative Learning Academy (team category): Moises Enciso, Alexandra Fliess, Dane Henning, Zoilita Herrera-Pytlewski, Sean Keevin, Joseph Macnider, Jordan Sandberg, and Carly Sutherland
- Schaumburg High School Psychologist Pamela Enright (student support personnel category
- Hoffman Estates High School Special Education Teacher Katie McGarvey (early career educator category, and 2021 Illinois Special Education Teacher of the Year)
- Conant High School Principal Julie Nowak (school administrator category)
- Fremd High School Special Education Teacher Assistant Thomas Speziale (educational service personnel category)
- Palatine High School Mathematics Teacher and Dean of Students Joyce Richardson (classroom teacher category)
Note: For additional information on the Those Who Excel Awards program, please contact the Illinois State Board of Education’s Communications and External Relations Office at 217-782-4648.